Working Group 2
Tasks & activities
- Documenting current risk of infection with ticks and tick-borne pathogens in urban parks and suburban recreational areas;
- Assessment of risk amplifiers for TBDs, e.g. vertebrate reservoirs, vegetation, habitats, human behaviours, seasons etc.;
- Monitoring of risk factors (vegetation, tick and reservoir community composition, degree of park maintenance, human behaviour etc.) for TBDs;
- Suggestions for taking actions to anticipate and to reduce the disease risk;
- Involvement of urban planners to suggest future preventing and mitigating actions within cities;
- Taking actions in education and awareness of scientific, medical communities and the general public with the aim to reduce the risk of TBD infections.