- Identification of risk factors for tick and tick-borne pathogen (tick-borne pathogen) presence and introduction in cities and habitat interfaces and comparison of the epidemiological situation in different cities and countries through application of the DAMA protocol
- Involvement of citizen scientists into the documentation, monitoring and act phase
- Foster knowledge exchange by organising networking events such as meetings, web conferences for researchers, students, relevant stakeholders and policymakers
- Collaboration with hunters and ornithologists for data and sample collection, in line with the Birds Directive
- Develop a media strategy, including social media, press releases and media coverage, in order to improve the public knowledge about the health risks of ticks and tick-borne pathogens identified in connection with anthropogenic influence and climate change and about the DAMA protocol
1st Call for Short-Term Scientific Missions
The 1st Call for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) in the COST Action PRAGMATICK is now open.
Training school on vector microbiome
The first training school of the PRAGMATICK action will be held between 26.-27. June 2023 in Maisons-Alfort, France.
PRAGMATICK Workshop videos
Lectures of the first PRAGMATICK Workshop available on video footage.
The first meeting of the PRAGMATICK action took place in Budapest, Hungary between 16-17. February 2023. The event is focused on Stockholm Paradigm, DAMA Protocol and citizen science.
Tickwatcher in English
The website of the hungarian Tickwatcher program can now be read in English. The purpose of the project is to map the distribution of Hyalomma ticks with the help of citizen scientists.
COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) is a funding agency for research and innovation networks. Our Actions help connect research initiatives across Europe and enable scientists to grow their ideas by sharing them with their peers. This boosts their research, career and innovation.